Morrigan

Make a helper column at the end of your second sheet (the one that
contains new accounts) and do this:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!A$1:K$4000,0)),"new"," ") (Copy it down)

Hope it helps.

Jessica Wrote:
I have 2 worksheets, one of them contains a large number of accounts and
then
the second one has new figures that I can add to the first worksheet.
Sometimes the second sheet will have new accounts on them but it is
mixed in
with the other 4,000 so its very difficult to find the new accounts.
Right
now Im copying and pasting the account numbers and comparing them to
the
ones on the first sheet. Is there anything I can do to make searching
for new
accounts easier? Possibly using a VLOOKUP function to compare the
account
numbers to the ones on the master sheet to find new accounts?

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094