Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Split Window

Looks like this is one of those occasions where you actually have to select
the sheet. The only reason I don't want to select is that IMO selects should
be avoided wherever possible. They are slow and combersome and in 99% of
cases can be avoided with good code...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"sebastienm" wrote:

I see what you meant now.
Sorry no idea. As you said earlier, the porperty comes from the Window
object and therefore affects only the active sheet.

Have you tried protecting the workbook window before refreshing the pivot
then resetting to normal after that?

Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

That code only works if the sheet with the split screen is the active sheet.
At no point in my code do I select or activate the sheet with the split
screen. I know I can just select the sheet and run your code, but I was
wondering if it is possible to remove the split without activating the sheet?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"sebastienm" wrote:

Hi,

-If the window is the active one you could use:
With ActiveWindow
.SplitColumn = 0
.SplitRow = 0
End With
-or
knowing the sheet Sh and assuming the window is the first one of the
workbook (you can adapt the code otherwise):
with sh.parent.windows(1) 'window 1 of the book
.SplitColumn = 0
.SplitRow = 0
end with
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Through some sort of an odd excel bug when updaing my pivot table
programmatically (Excel 2000) the window splits. The sheet that is being
updated is never actually selected and if I could I would like to avoid
having to select the sheet. Since split is part of the window object, not the
sheet object how do I remove the split without selecting the sheet? I have
looked at the object model and I am a little baffled as to how I can go about
this...
--
TIA...

Jim Thomlinson