Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TomHinkle TomHinkle is offline

Default Please Help!

Make a pivot table.

Make short name the only row field... make the data part a count of
shortname (or whatever.

In a pivot table, if you double click ANY data point (ie in the middle) it
will automatically create a new worksheet and place the entire set of records
that made up that data point on a new worksheet.

"JamesMantle" wrote:

Dear Users,
If anyone can help with this programming issue I'd be hugely grateful!

I am on work experience and have been asked if it is possible to do the
following in Excel:

Using a pre-existing worksheet of approx. 1500 rows of data, each with
a 2 or 3 letter "shortname" (e.g. NDB) in column one, is it possible to
extract required rows of data into a new worksheet, merely by writing
the "shortname" into column 1 of the new worksheet.

Each month there will be the need for a few of these new worksheets and
it would be infinitely less time-consuming if I were able to use some
sort of macro to aid me in this process.

For example:
Row 1: NDB 23444 223444 112445 223555 22234 558890

To move all the data into a new worksheet without searching and
highlighting each row could I just type in the shortname (e.g. NDB)
into the new worksheet and the programme automatically transfer all the
data across?

I look forward to hearing from anyone that thinks they may be able to
help!

Thank you very much,

James

--