Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Split Window

Hi Jim,

I've looked into similar before and I don't think there's a direct solution.
I assume the reason you don't want to select your sheet is even with
screenupdating disabled a flicker can occur.

However providing the problem split sheet is activated it does not need to
be the active sheet. In other words its workbook does not need to be active
and could even be hidden.

Try this with a split and activated sheet in non-active or hidden Book2

Sub test2()
Dim wns As Windows
Dim wn As Window

Set wns = Workbooks("Book2").Windows
On Error GoTo errH:
For Each wn In wns
If wn.Split Then
wn.FreezePanes = False
wn.Split = False
End If
resHe
Next
On Error GoTo 0
Exit Sub
errH:
Resume resHere
'possible errors
' chart selected in activesheet (ie only if active wb)
' chart sheet activated
' protection
End Sub

I have also had the odd occasion of unintentionally splitting a window, not
with a pivot table but don't recall why.

Regards,
Peter T

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
That code only works if the sheet with the split screen is the active

sheet.
At no point in my code do I select or activate the sheet with the split
screen. I know I can just select the sheet and run your code, but I was
wondering if it is possible to remove the split without activating the

sheet?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"sebastienm" wrote:

Hi,

-If the window is the active one you could use:
With ActiveWindow
.SplitColumn = 0
.SplitRow = 0
End With
-or
knowing the sheet Sh and assuming the window is the first one of the
workbook (you can adapt the code otherwise):
with sh.parent.windows(1) 'window 1 of the book
.SplitColumn = 0
.SplitRow = 0
end with
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Through some sort of an odd excel bug when updaing my pivot table
programmatically (Excel 2000) the window splits. The sheet that is

being
updated is never actually selected and if I could I would like to

avoid
having to select the sheet. Since split is part of the window object,

not the
sheet object how do I remove the split without selecting the sheet? I

have
looked at the object model and I am a little baffled as to how I can

go about
this...
--
TIA...