Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAWII MAWII is offline

Default Adding text to cells

I managed to pull it off with this (shortly after posting this message the
lightbulb went off):

Dim mycell As Range

For Each mycell In Range("A:A").Cells
If mycell.Value < "" Then
mycell.Value = "\\" & mycell.Value & "\c$"
End If
Next

How can I go through the cells and if there's already a "\\" at the
beginning of the cell entry, it won't add the "\\"?

Thanks!

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Try something like

Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns(1). _
SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).Cells
Rng.Value = "\\" & Rng.Text
Next Rng

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"MAWII" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with 732 entries in column A. I want to
create a macro
that will add a "\\" to the beginning of each entry. I also
want it done
only for non-blank cells. How can I do this? Thanks!