Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default naming charts

For embedded charts you are better off naming the container that
contains the chart. Using the GUI, hold down SHIFT and click on a
chart. You will see that circles framing the selected object (which
happens to be called a chartobject).

Next, check the contents of the Name Box (extreme left of the formula
bar. If all the charts have default names it will contain something
like Chart n where n is a number. Click in the Name Box, enter your
desired name and complete the naming process with the ENTER key.

You can now refer to the chart in VBA as {sheet-reference}.ChartObjects
({name-used-above}).Chart

To do the same in VBA when you create a chart, it would depend on how
you created the chart and what, if any, variable you've used in the
process. I always use a variable that refers to the chart. So, I
would use aChart.Parent.Name="My name for the chartobject"

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , t_marsh@---take-
this-out-to-reply---atcentre.co.uk says...
Hi,

Could someone tell me if its possible to give a chart a name (with or
without VBA) so that it can be referenced in VBA (I've searched but found no
reference to this topic)... if naming is not possible how would i go about
referring to specific charts in vba (there are several charts on one
worksheet, so i cannot just refer to the worksheet).

Thanks people,

Tim