Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Inserting Cells In Worksheet With Macro

hi,
curious. why are you doing this with a macro? if the programing was
intended to have cell B20 equal to cell B197, this might be better done with
formulas.
in cell b20 put =$b$177 and so on.
this way if b197 changed in value, it would automaticly reflect in B20.
if rows were added between b20 and b197, the absolute reference would not
change.
if i'm missing something here, reply with more info.

Regards
FSt1

"mgmcdevitt" wrote:

I have built a macro using the recording function. The programing was
intended to have cell B20 equal to cell B197. Here is the program

Sub AZWage()
'
' AZWage Macro
' Macro recorded 8/19/2005 by Systems Administrator
'

'
Range("G9:G13").Select
Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Range("G12").Select
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 41
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
Range("B20").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[177]C"
Range("B21").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[178]C"
Range("B23").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[173]C"
Range("B24").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[174]C"
Range("B26").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[169]C"
Range("B27").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[167]C"
Range("B28").Select
Range("C20").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[177]C"
Range("C21").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[178]C"
Range("C23").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[173]C"
Range("C24").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[174]C"
Range("C26").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[169]C"
Range("C27").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[167]C"
Range("C28").Select
ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 1
End Sub

The problem with the prgram is that if you insert cells above B20 or
between B20 and B197 then the everything gets goofed up. What can I do
differently so that if the worksheet is modified it doesn't effect the
macro.

Thanks for the help. I need it as soon as possible. I am trying to help
the big boss out with this.

--
mgmcdevitt
mgmcdevitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26592