Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Out of Memory?

That's interesting Jim, thanks, but my problem persists.
My filesize is less than 2MB
=INFO("memused") reports less than 5MB
The file runs fine on a system that has half the processor speed and 20% the
RAM of the offending system with the only other difference being the machine
that won't run is Win98SE (on a network) and the little one that will is
WINMe stand alone. This would kinda/sorta infer that the problem is
machine-related. Also, FYI, I run this file off my pocket Jump Drive,(not
the network) so it's "really" the same file that will work on one machine and
not on the other.......maybe some kind of a setting in Excel..........the
file opens fine on both systems, I just get this Out of Memory" pop-up when I
try to go to the VBE.

One more thing I just noticed......both systems are Excel97, but the
offending one is SR-2 and the one that works is SR-1........could the problem
be therein?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Everything you wanted to know about Excel Memory but were affraid to ask...

http://www.decisionmodels.com/index.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All......

I'm working on a Excel97 Program that has several hundred macros. My office
computer (833mhz, 512mb RAM) has started giving me a "Microsoft Visual Basic
Out of Memory" error message. Sometimes it will go away if I click ok about
20-25 times, sometimes not. The same file runs fine on my laptop (366mhz,
96MB RAM).....just recently MIS put a icon in my systray about "Webroot Spy
Sweeper".....might they have finally added the "straw", or could something
else maybe be causing this problem. I don't have the same problem on simpler
Excel files on the same computer, but DO have it on other complicated files.

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3