Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Apostrophy Detection

You shouldn't have to worry about them. You already established you can't
detect them with anything but a special property designed for that.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gary's Student" wrote in message
Thanks Jim

Function tickiller2(r As Range) As Boolean
tickiller2 = True
If r.PrefixCharacter = "" Then
tickiller2 = False
End If
End Function

will help me find and remove useless ticks.
--
Gary's Student

"Jim Cone" wrote:

GS,

Use the PrefixCharacter property.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Gary's Student" wrote in

message
I need a function that returns TRUE if its argument (a string) has a

leading
apostrophy, otherwise FALSE.
So if A1 contains a then APOS(A1) should return FALSE.
if A1 contains 'a then APOS(A1) should return TRUE.
The difficulty I am having is that the LEN function ignores the

apostrophy
and the LEFT function does the same.
Thanks in advance
--