Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default sum current months values

Thanks again everyone!

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:00:03 -0700, "John"
wrote:

If Column A is dates for this year (1-1-05, 1-2-05,...) and column C is
values corresponding to those dates. How can I sum this months values only
(so that next month it will do the same without changing my sum range).

If it helps, I have the start and end day of the month in two cells...

Thanks for the help.

John

=SUMIF(A:A,""&TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()),B:B)-
SUMIF(A:A,""& 32+TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())-
DAY(32+TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())),B:B)

will always show the sum of "this month's" values.

The formula states "sum all the values in column B that correspond to dates
that are greater than the last day of the previous month; then subtract the sum
of all those values in column B that correspond to dates greater than the last
day of the current month".

--ron