Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RzB RzB is offline

Default How to keep an instance of Excel away from the user?

Ok - just for information..

Setting m_objXlApp.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True
stays with excel when the application completes...

What I have done now is to save the setting, then
set is as above, then restore it to when my application
completes.

Roy

"RzB" wrote in message
Hmmm....

Since implementing this I seem to have a problem with Excel...

If I double click on a xls file in windows explorer, excel
burst into life but does not open the target file...

It just sits there with no file loaded...

Have I screwed something up ?

Many thanks,
Roy

"RzB" wrote in message
Brilliant... That fixed it...

Thank you very, very much...

Roy

"DM Unseen" wrote in message
ups.com...
don't forget m_objXlApp.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True 'to prevent user to
launch XL files through explorer
and if your really paranoid also:
m_objXlApp.Interactive = False

DM Unseen