Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Problem running macros in Excel filenames containing specialcharacters like []

It sounds like your toolbar icons are calling your macros from the other
workbook.

You may want to build your toolbar on the fly (create it when you open the
workbook and delete it when you close the workbook).

Here's how I do it:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...5B41%40msn.com

If you want to add items to the worksheet menu bar, you can use John
Walkenbach's menumaker:

" wrote:

My workbook embeds my own toolbar linked with some VB code. When I
download this workbook from the internet, IE asks whether to Open, Save
or Cancel the file. When I choose Open, IE creates a temporary file
adding "[1]" in the file name. On opening, Excel asks me whether I want
to activate macros. I choose yes. Now when I press one of my toolbar
buttons, excel asks me again to enable the macros. Choosing yes again
puts the file in a deadlock and the VB code behind the toolbar button
failed to execute. As soon as I save the file without using "[]" in the
filename, the macros work fine.

Does anybody have an idea how to work around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reto

--

Dave Peterson