Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] rlaemmler@hotmail.com is offline

Default Problem running macros in Excel filenames containing special characters like []

My workbook embeds my own toolbar linked with some VB code. When I
download this workbook from the internet, IE asks whether to Open, Save
or Cancel the file. When I choose Open, IE creates a temporary file
adding "[1]" in the file name. On opening, Excel asks me whether I want
to activate macros. I choose yes. Now when I press one of my toolbar
buttons, excel asks me again to enable the macros. Choosing yes again
puts the file in a deadlock and the VB code behind the toolbar button
failed to execute. As soon as I save the file without using "[]" in the
filename, the macros work fine.

Does anybody have an idea how to work around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reto