Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Flow chart of code? Is there a way to produce a graphical flo

But VB is not strictly OO. It is in fact very far from it. Try to use UML and
you will run into a pile of problems because most of the code is not OO but
rather procedural. Of course who am I to talk I don't do either. I go with
Trevor and I just comment the heck out of things...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

My point Trevor is that OO is event driven, more interested in inputs and
outputs, there is not a flow in that sense. Design is important clearly, but
we have a different design paradigm.

Bob

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
Bob

you still have to decide what you want/need to do with the object and

under
what circumstances. I don't think it hurts to have an outline of the
process you want to implement ... but I must admit that more often these
days I work it out as I go along.

I still try to structure my code from the top down and use lots of

comments
which, in my view, is often better than a free standing flow chart that

will
likely never be referred to.

Anyway, getting hypothetical now ... seems the answer to the OP is "no, no
tool"

Regards

Trevor

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Do flowcharts work so well in an OO world?

--

HTH

RP

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
I think you're supposed to create the flow chart before you write the
code
;-)

Regards

Trevor

"Craigm" wrote in
message ...

Is there a way to get a flow chart of the code? I remember flow
charting back in school and it was a big help.

Is there a module or something I can load to get a graphical flow
chart?

--
Craigm

Craigm's Profile: