Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default sum current months values

I would have thought that 1 sumproduct would be faster than 2 sum if's. I
believe you, but what would the reason behind that be? Or is it just one of
those trueths that can be accepted at face value.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You can go to the reference provided by Thomlinson, but be advised that
Sumproduct is slower than Sumif. Shouldn't be a perceptible difference in
your case.

Tom Ogilvy

"John" wrote in message
I figured it out based on other posts but I have no idea why this

works....
=SUMPRODUCT((($A$9:$A$371='Sales Credit'!$P$31))*($A$9:$A$371<='Sales
Credit'!$P$32),'Sales ID'!C9:C371)
what does a sumproduct do?

"John" wrote:

If Column A is dates for this year (1-1-05, 1-2-05,...) and column C is
values corresponding to those dates. How can I sum this months values

only
(so that next month it will do the same without changing my sum range).

If it helps, I have the start and end day of the month in two cells...

Thanks for the help.

John