Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ashman Ashman is offline

Default mortgage payment

The PMT formula is the best as it already is built into Excel. How about
putting a - in front of your formula, thus 2 -'s = +

This works for me.

Ashman

"Joyce" wrote:

i need to create a formula for calculating a mortgage payment with out using
the pmt option in excel. I have to be able to calculate both a interest only
payment and a payment including interest depending on the type of loan
selected. I cant use the pmt option because it shows as a - in my approval
cell and I cant have it show that way. please help