Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mangesh Yadav[_4_] Mangesh Yadav[_4_] is offline

Default Addressing a UserForm sub in a VB dll

Now I have the following 3 macros in my excel application which is running
fine

My Excel macros:

UserForm1 module : (2 macros below)
Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Call UFTest
End Sub

Sub UFTest()
' doing something
End Sub

Standard module: (1 macro in the standard module)
Sub Main()
UserForm1.UFTest
End Sub

Now I am converting the sub main to a vb dll, while keeping the userform
macros untouched
Sub Main(myApp)
UserForm1.UFTest ' gives error "object required"
End Sub

In excel I would call this as:
Call Main(ThisWorkbook)

So my question is, in the VB code above how do I call the UFTest sub from
the userform module...?

Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

Basically I have an established excel application. And now I am turning

some
of the excel macros into VB dll. The line
call UserForm1.UserForm_Initialize
runs well in excel, but it gives an error in the dll. So my question was
starting with ThisWorkbook, how do you arrive at UserForm1 using
intellisense.

For some reason, I want to run the Initialize event without an actual LOAD
Form call.

Mangesh

Hi Mangesh,

Referring to your original question - you say you are converting

everything
to a vb6 dll, so why are you trying to call a vba userform from your

dll.
Is
that indeed what you are trying to do?

I don't follow why you want to call UserForm_Initialize(). This event,

and
code within, will run automatically as soon as you make the first

reference
to the Userform. Typically that might be Load or Show, but could be any

sort
of ref.

Regards,
Peter T

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
Anyone on this yet....

Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for the response.

Infact my problem does not relate much to the VB dll. Its rather

basic.
want to know what is the parent of UserForm1.UserForm_Initialize

or starting from ThisWorkbook and using intellisense, how can one

arrive
at
UserForm1.UserForm_Initialize

Something like:
ThisWorkbook.SOMETHING.SOMETHING.UserForm1.UserFor m_Initialize

Mangesh

"Alasdair Stirling"

wrote
in
message ...
Have a look at the following article:

Alasdair Stirling

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Hi,

I have a userform call frmGraph, and currently in my excel

application
am
calling its initialise event something like this:
frmGraph.UserForm_Initialize

Now my problem is that, I am converting everything to a VB dll,

and
this
particular line is giving me the error object not found.

Preceding
it
with
ThisWorkbook e.g.
ThisWorkbook.frmGraph.UserForm_Initialize
still does not solve the problem and gives the error "object

does
not
support this property" which is ofcourse expected.

How do I call this sub through my dll....?

--
- Mangesh
Office 2003 & Windows XP