Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric[_27_] Eric[_27_] is offline

Default count only the visible rows in a data table

One thing your both saying is that you need to pick a column in the range
first, which is complicated in my case by the fact that different views of
the data may hide various columns. No big deal, but I was hoping there might
be one line of code that could count the rows in the range that were
visible.

Thanks for the suggestions!

"michdenis" wrote in message
Hi Eric,

In your worksheet : =SubTotal(3,A1:A200)-1

In vba :

NbVisibleLines = WorksheetFunction.Subtotal(3,range("A1:A200"))-1

Salutations!

"Eric" a écrit dans le message de news:
t...
I have a defined name dynamic table of data and I want to know the number
of
visible rows after it is filtered.

Using Application.Range("myTable").SpecialCells(xlVisibl eOnly).Count will
give all cells, not rows. I can take the top of a column in the table,
find
the last non-blank cell, and then use specialCells, but it seems there
must
be something a bit more elegant.

Tanks Much,
Eric