Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Checking to see if a worksheet exists

Hi Jim,

Thank you.

I added the workbook argument but omitted the intended qualification.

As you correctly indicate, without the qualification, the function operates
on the active workbook.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
Does that code function correctly... I like the optional workbook argument
but I think you need to change the line.

SheetExists = CBool(Len(sheets(sName).Name))
SheetExists = CBool(Len(wb.sheets(sName).Name))

Otherwise this function will look at the active workbook won't it?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Raman325,

Try:

Function SheetExists(sName As String, _
Optional ByVal wb As Workbook) As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
If wb Is Nothing Then Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
SheetExists = CBool(Len(sheets(sName).Name))
End Function

---
Regards,
Norman

"Raman325" wrote
in
message ...

What is the best way to check whether a given worksheet exists? For
example, I would like to know whether the "Week 1" worksheet exists
without throwing an error to the user. Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Raman325
Raman325's Profile: