Morrigan

Try this with 2 helper rows:

Helper1 = assign "Weekday" or "Weekend" to the corresponding day
Helper2 = Concatenate(Month,Helper1) (May look something like
"AprWeekday", "AprWeekend", "MayWeekday", etc)

Apply

SUMIF(D2:XX2,"AprWeekday",D3:XX3)/COUNTIF(D2:XX2,"AprWeekday")

Hope it helps.

malik641 Wrote:
Okay, to start...I have 2 rows, 1 and 2, where Row1 has dd-"month" and
Row2 has "day". And a 3rd row has percent values which are to be
averaged. Example:

D1=01-Apr--- E1=02-Apr
D2=Fri---------E2=Sat
D3=50%-------E3=100%

and so on and so forth. We'll just say it goes until the end of the
month and the following months thereafter.

Now let's say that:
D5=Apr-05-----E5='The average of the month EXCLUDING weekends and
holidays'.
D6=May-05-----E6='Same formula as E5 except using the month of May'
and so on...

How could I sum the values of the percentages given the criteria?
I would guess it would be using the Index & Match functions, but how?

--
Morrigan
Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094