Trevor Shuttleworth

There wasn't a typo ... I copied it from the custom format box. It is
possible that a typo was introduced in transcribing the format ;-)

Try copying and pasting from my response into the custom format box.

That said, the other suggestions work ... but you won't be able to do
arithemetic with the result. The custom format allows you to continue to do
calculations.

Note that if you type 12 into a cell formatted as per my suggestion it will
show up as 12 in the formula box. If you use Max's suggestion it will show
up as 12% ... slightly different result. Depends what you want to do.

Regards

Trevor

"Max" wrote in message
"which is "0" % of annual income"

There might be a slight typo in Trevor's line above

Try this ..

Select the formula cell
(or select the entire col / range with the formulas)

Click Format Cells Number tab
Click on "Custom" under "Category"

Paste this line into the "Type:" box:
"which is "0%" of annual income"

Click OK

--
Rgds
Max
"gvm" wrote in message
Thanks Trevor, unfortunately I get the error message "Excel cannot use
the
number format you typed. Try using one of the built-in formats etc etc".

Is
some kind of add-in required?