Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default File already in use by another user

I didn't suggest using an error handler. I suggested checking if the file
already exists and not attempting to overwrite it. Using displayalerts =
false should just overwrite the file without prompt which is not what you
said you want.

You ask "Why" Indeed the answer is that you must code the behavior you
desire when it differs from the default. In fact, what I suggested does
not answer no, but moved immediately to the desired consequence. If you
wish to ask a question for which the answer is already known, then perhaps
you **will** need an error handler as well.

Tom Ogilvy

"MichaelS_" wrote
in message ...

Thanks for your answer. I am already using the DisplayAlerts =
False/True. Why do I need an error handler (sorry about this question)?
The only thing I want is to say "No" as soon as the message "A file
named 'XY.xls' already exists in this location. Do you want to replace
it?" appears.

Maybe I am doing it the wrong way.
Michael

--