Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
alley alley is offline

Default Marcro does not work when original workbook is deleted

I have a macro that I want to work using a button that works for any workbook
that the user opens. However, everytime I create the macro and assign it a
button it works as long as the orig. workbook that I created the macro in
still exists. However if that workbook gets deleted when I open excel and try
to use the macro/button it gives an error that it cant fiind the book.

I dont want to attach the macro to an excel workbook but rather to just be a
standalone for anyone using the excel to be able to use at anytime.

I cant seem to be able to create a macro without a workbook open and when I
do this it only gives the options for Macros IN: All open workbooks or This
workbook.

Neither one of these seem to do the job.

Do I need to put the macro code in a class or somewhere else for the VB?

Have not played with this before so any help would be great..
--
alley