Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Hasell Paul Hasell is offline

Default Smart Documents - XSD and Namespace

Hi, I'm evaluating the use of Excel Smart Documents for data entry systems
and have created an XSD for the data which I want to use both for Excel (to
describe the data) and in the Web service back-end for validation of the
same. However, when Excel attaches the XSD as a map, it assigns it own
namespace to it (typically ns1) which it then includes in the exported XML.
This means I can't verify it using the same XSD as the element namespaces no
longer match!!!

Is there a way around this or must I maintain 2 otherwise identical XSD's??