Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default hourglass remains after macro runs???

Norman,

I once had a user sit and start at a Msgbox waiting for the hourglass to stop.
Ever since then, I change the cursor to the default before showing a Msgbox...
Elizabeth could change her code to...

Sub StartupPath()
Application.Cursor = xlDefault
MsgBox Application.StartupPath, Title:="The Excel startup path is: "
End Sub

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Norman Jones"

wrote in message

Hi Elizabeth,
Running your procedure from Excel (either via Alt-F8 or from a rectangle,
to simulate your scenario), I get the hourglass, indicating that the macro
is waiting for user response. Running the macro manually from the VBE, I get
the arrow cursor.
If you find this disconcerting, you could specify the cursor form.
I guess that, in analagous situations, the curssor form has never adversely
impinged for me.---
Regards,
Norman