Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jean-Yves[_2_] Jean-Yves[_2_] is offline

Default VBA - ODBC database access help?

Hi Carl,

in the VBA window, make a reference to Microft ActiveX Data Object library
2.x. (ADO)
Then search via the object browser after "connection" or "recordset"
objects to get help.
This should give you a start.
Regards
Jean-Yves

"Carl" wrote in message
Hello,

I am hoping someone here may be able to point me to some code or
documentation regarding accessing data from external ODBC databases
using VBA from within excel.

Basically, what I am trying to do is monitor when a value in the first
column changes, I would like to validate this value and populate several
other values in this row based on a query to this external database.

Any help would be appreciated.