Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default UserInterfaceOnly in 2000 versus 2002

You could break the password...
(Visit JE McGimpsey's site: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html)

and keep track of the password that broke it and then protect it using that
password (with interfaceonly turned on).

or maybe you could convince your company that you want to embed the
password--but encript it so that anyone seeing the code/password wouldn't know
how to decript it.

or maybe you could put the password in a hidden name or on a hidden worksheet.

Lee S wrote:

I am working in an environment where certain spreadsheets are password
protected, but the developers do not know the passwords. Even if we did,
writing them into the code would be against policy as well.

For now, we are running Excel 2000. Our code can modify password-protected
sheets by setting UserInterfaceOnly = True, which does not require a password.

What about when we move to Excel 2002? Setting UserInterfaceOnly will no
longer work for us since we cannot provide a password.

Is there an alternative in Excel 2002 that will allow the code to make
changes to the spreadsheets that the end-user is not allowed to make?

Thanks!

Lee

--

Dave Peterson