Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hari Prasadh[_2_] Hari Prasadh[_2_] is offline

Default Using ColumnNumber in Range syntax

Hi,

If I want to select Column A programmatically then

Columns(A:A).select would work.

Suppose I have a variable column to select and the counter for this column
number is from a FOR loop then how do I use this counter to select that
column.

For ColumnCounter = 4 to 54

Columns (ColumnCounter & ":" & ColumnCounter).select
'do required stuff
'do required stuff

Next ColumnCounter

Now when i run the above, I would get an error as within Columns syntax
above, ColumnCounter should be a string (from "A" to "IV").

So, how do I Translate/Map Column Numbers in to equivalent column letter/s.

Can that be done programmatically?

(One way is in my Personal.xls I can build a mapping with column A
containing numbers from 1 to 256 and corresponding rows in column B having A
to IV and then do a vlookup of ColumnCounter against A1 to B256. But is
there a more efficient way?)

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India