Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Super piece of code..At least for me!!

I put a value in a cell
This updates the choices for data validation in another cell
I select one of those values
the selected value appears in the original cell.

No, that isn't directly supported by data validation. You might be able to
cobble something together using events.

tom Ogilvy

"samir arishy" wrote in message

Thank you for explanation.
I have two posts open regarding the solution for multiple choice
selection at a certain cell. So rather than repeating here my problem
which is wrong anyway I have a followup question. Suppose I do a
"refill" of the list for each cell I am interested in. Can I use this
routine?

Example will help

A1 has "85" B1 is the active cell. Since I can look at
A1 which is activecell.offset(0,1) I can direct VBA to "refill"
ListRange" with a different set of data.
Once I select one choice I want VBA to replace A1 with the result of
selection. You mentioned if A1 has
+B1 then I am ok BUT A1 had originally "85" I really do not care once I
used the value in A1 I do not need it anymore.
In other word I can insert formula in A1 once I use the value "85" If
that is no no in VBA or even in any language
Please put me right...again