Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RzB RzB is offline

Default How to keep an instance of Excel away from the user?

What I mean is ...

I set my access code running and it's opened Excel, and is quietly creating
sheets, filling in cells and doing some formatting. Lets call the file it
has created is AAA.xls.
This should all be out of sight of the user. All he can see is a small form
running with a little activity showing how progress is going. He has no
interaction with this process other than to watch it the progress in this
form.

Now - if the user opens Windows Explorer, while this is all going on, and
double clicks on BBB.wks, Excel opens and he is able to see the BBB.wks in
an Excel window. However if he were to look in command bar - Window he would
see BBB.wks and AAA.wks referenced.

If he now closes Excel he is asked if he wants to save AAA, and if he says
yes the we have a problem. We probably have a problem if he says no as
well...

Am I doing something wrong ?

Many thanks for your help,
Roy