Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter Rooney Peter Rooney is offline

Default Renamed EditBoxes keep reverting to their old names in UserFor

Tom,

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Pete

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

for each frm in Userforms
unload frm
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Tom,

It wasn't having it.

I created a new form, renamed the offending edit boxes and copied them to
the new form.

It's OK now, but I think I could do with something to unload all loaded
userforms before I load the form i want to use. Can you help me with this,
please?

Cheers

Pete

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If you make the changes manually and save the workbook where the form is
stored, then it should save your changes.

Tom Ogilvy

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
I have a userForm containing 7 edit boxes, and OK button and a Cancel
button.

I wanted to rename two of them, but every time I run the user form,

these
two revert to their old names.
I've renamed them repeatedly and even deleted them and recreated them

with
the new names I want (but with no success). A text box repeatedly

returns
its old value, too.

As this is my first foray into user forms since Excel 5 (!), can

anyone
advise me as to where I might be going wrong? Do I need to save the
changes
to the form in some way?

Might I have an old version of the form in memory? Is the a quick way

that
can use to unload any forms that might be in memory before loading the

one
want to work with?

All these questions and more!

Thanks in advance