Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default Capture Auto-Filter Change

Norman,

Thank you! Thank you!

This is what I was looking for. Now to incorporate it into my code...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Steve,

I know it is possible to compare the number of visible rows & the number
of total rows.
They are not equal after a filter, but equal when you choose All.

I am contemplating a check on this but am not sure the best way to
implement it.

Any thoughts?

Look as the FilterMode property.

This returns true if the worksheet is in filter mode. If the filter
dropdown 'All' option, or the equivalent 'Show All' menu option is
selected, the FilterMode property returns False.

---
Regards,
Norman

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Thanks, Chip.

I was afraid of this.

I know it is possible to compare the number of visible rows & the number
of total rows.
They are not equal after a filter, but equal when you choose All.

I am contemplating a check on this but am not sure the best way to
implement it.

Any thoughts?

The worksheet is a data entry sheet. With a scroll to make sure the last
row is in view and selected. But when any filter is selected, it would
be nice if the scroll could revert to the headers and show the first
visible row.

Appreciate your comments...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
There is no event capture this.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"STEVE BELL" wrote in message
Thanks in advance for any help!

I am trying to capture an Auto-Filter change on a worksheet column.
The worksheet has several columns with Auto-Filter.
When the user changes the selection in any of these - I wish to capture
the event.
And if possible to identify whether or not they selected "All".

This is in Excel 2000.

(I am familiar with worksheet event code, but can't figure out how to
capture this one)

Again - Thanks...