Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin R Kevin R is offline

Default Splash Screen Causing Problems

The splash screen is part of a add-in that contains specially created
toolbars and macros to run against various excel files. These toolbars and
splash screen loads whenever excel is opened. When opening a file from
explorer by double clicking without first opening excel, the splash screen
shows, the toolbars load, but the file itself doesn't show, only a gray
background as if no file is open. If I take the Userform1.Show out of the
code, the file loads just fine. Not sure why the userform is not allowing
the file to load.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

No any. It would only be those files containing a splash screen that are
exhibiting this behavior.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kevin R" wrote in message
How do I unhide it with code? The file opened could be any given excel

file.
Thanks.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

If the splash screen appears, the file is open. Perhaps it is hidden.

If
so, unhide it with your code.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kevin R" wrote in message
I have an xla file that contains a splash screen (userform) in the
workbook_open event. This seems to be causing a problem when opening
files
directly from windows explorer. If Excel is closed and I open a file
through
windows explorer, the splash screen appears but the xls file does not
open.
I have to open all files using the File | Open method or first open

Excel
and
then open the files through windows explorer. If I take out the

splash
screen I don't have the problem. Any ideas or suggestions on how to
correct
this so that files can be open directly from explorer without having

first
open Excel? Thanks.