Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TomFish79 TomFish79 is offline

Default File opening via Macro with varying file name

Hi there,

I'm trying to open an excel file using a macro. The name of the fil
to be opened is variable, based on a cell in the main excel spradsheet
To clarify:

In "master.xls" I have a cell who's contents are "10097". I would lik
to run a macro which will open the file C:\my documents\test\10097.xls

Obviously, when the cell in "master.xls" changes a different fil
should be opened. How easy/hard is this? I'm a complete beginner an
I normally only generate code automatically using the record mar
function.

Thanks, To

--
TomFish7