Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
samir arishy samir arishy is offline

Default Dynamic Dropdown list During Data Entry

Very good question ...Boy you are smart

When I design the template The item description in say A5
and I know it is provided by one supplier only because I put there in a
hidden column next to it the full part #
say AAAAA is item number 9501

I am doing this to make it easy for the user not to use part # at all.

NOW the fun part

For those duplicate unique numbers I only put the item #
without the supplier # so I will put there 85 in the hidden column

I will make sure that any 2 digit code are in the range 80-99

When the user puts a quantity I should get the drop down list ( 85 will
select ALL items that have suffix of 85 in it

The result is the supplier drop list (the first two digits of the
4-digit # this list is all suppliers that can provide that item

Hope I am clear enough