Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mangesh Yadav[_4_] Mangesh Yadav[_4_] is offline

Default Excel Error Help!

Hi Norman,

quite true indeed. I did a small test, and with a chart as the active sheet
and using the Cells() without the parent sheet, I get a run time error 1004,
method cells of object global failed.

Thanks.

Mangesh

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Mangesh,

you are using the Cells without the parent worksheet name. Use it as

Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells

If Cells were used without explicit qualification, it would represent a
range object referring to all the cells on the active sheet. Therefore,

lack
of qualification should not, per se, cause an error.

If the active sheet were not a worksheet, then I would anticipate a 1004
run-time error rather than the OP's reported error.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
you are using the Cells without the parent worksheet name. Use it as

Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells

Mangesh

"lehainam" wrote
in
message ...

Dear all,

I have a code in Excel and whenever I run the program there is an
error:

Method 'Cells' of object '_Worksheet' failed

and error number is -2147417848

Could any one can help me or if I have the error number how can I get
help on line (which website I can access)

Thanks a lot!

Nam

--
lehainam