Kassie

I may not be an expert in Excel, but I enjoy the privilege of being able to
help other people wherever I can. I also enjoy reading all the questions and
answers given by those who know more than me. According to you, I shouldn't.

Clearly you are extremely jealous of this guy, who had the guts to start a
business!. Unlike you, he will continue to gain knowledge and experience, as
he is not afraid to ask for help! You on the other hand seem to believe that
since you "went to school", you know everything. I don't think so.

In any case, I've never come across posts from you helping others. Why
don't you rather take your example from people like the Bob,s Debrah's,
McGimpsey's et al, too many to mention here, and live and let live.

It is so true, no one forces you to participate in this forum, no one asks
you to participate in this forum, and no one will shed one single tear if you
do not participate! Com on man.

--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I first came to this group to get assistance with some "sticky Excel
problem" (to me). To others, it was easy. Why not benefit from other's
experience rather than reinvent the wheel?

I come back for two reasons:
1 - I learn from other's questions. I've learned more about excel just by
helping others.
2 - I can't just take from a group like this, I need to give back when I
can.

"infoman" wrote in message

We all help each other with sticky problems. Some are abusing this
sharing of ideas.

Several requests for help have come from one person, Ken Ivins, asking
how to solve his problems. He holds himself as a professional, has a
company and website, and charges others for his work
http://www.kivins.com. Then he comes here asking for free help.

A couple of times, fine. But this person is making his living from us
doing his work.

Maybe he should go to school and learn the way we did. I put money and
sweat to acquire what I know. I share with people who don't take
advantage of me.

How do others feel?

--
infoman