Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
braindead braindead is offline

Default Web browser question

Tim, Shetty, Sharad, RV,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have been trying to accomplish just
this task (automating Yahoo Finance webpages navigation via vba) and had
given up just about all hope until I discovered this site and this
thread. Being still very new to vba, you all saved me countless hours of
additional trial and error and hunting for info on the web.

That said, I hope some of you are still monitoring this thread because,
of course, I have a couple questions:

ipf.Click

provokes an error -- I got around it by using

Application.SendKeys "~", True

but that makes me nervous because everything I read about SendKeys tells
me it's unreliable. Any sugqestions on clarifying or modifying the Click
event?

Also, my goal is to copy data off the YF pages and into an Excel
spreadsheet. I don't even care about specifying the data to copy, the
whole webpage will do just fine. If I understand correctly, a Web Query
won't work -- or will it? So again, I think I can use the SendKeys, but
is there a more reliable way?

I'm also trying to accomplish the same thing on another website which
does use the Post method for logging in that Tim referenced. Any success
on figuring that one out?

Finally, the latter website uses pull down menus to navigate to other
pages within the site (vs. Yahoo Finances hyperlinks). Can anyone show
me some basic code examples for navigating this type of website
navigation?

Oh, and one more, mostly curiosity question at this point. Can all this
also be accomplished through WebBrowser ActiveX control on a UserForm?
It seems like a handy resource to take advantage of.

Again, thanks so much for all the help!

Regards,

Brian