Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stefan Hojnowski Stefan Hojnowski is offline

Default # of letters in a string

Or you could do the following:

sStr = sStr & Space(10 - Len(sStr))

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

sStr = Left(sStr & " ",10)

Tom Ogilvy

"DejaVu" wrote in
message ...

Is there anyway to tell how many letters are in a string? More
specifically, I have a userform where the user enters a string into a
textbox. The textbox will only accept a total of 10 letters. When the
string variable gets passed to my sub routine, I need to know how many
letters are in that string.

If I can determine how many letters are in the string, if there are
less than 10, I then want to add spaces to the end of that string to
make it 10 characters long.

For example, if I enter:
"August" (6 characters) - it will then change it to "August____" (_ =
" ")
"California" (10 characters) - it will not add any spaces

TIA for any help,

DejaVu

--
DejaVu