Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] ctmom@comcast.net is offline

Default Can protect worksheet then workbook but not Protect and Share in code

Thank you for responding! When I use SaveAs with a password, the
workbook will not open w/o a password (which I don't need) and the
Sharing can be unchecked (Tools, Share Workbook) so I can lose the
Change History if the workbook is unshared.

That is why I am trying to use protectsharing. Protectsharing does
work if I only protect the sheet and not the workbook also.
objXLBook.ProtectSharing
strFilePathName, , , , , "Password"

My purpose is to generate workbooks for the field to edit. I am locking
down everything I can! When they are returned I will use Change
History to view the changes in a consolidated format to ease data
entry.

Thanks,
Kristy