Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KR KR is offline

Default operator statements, shorting when reusing one of the statements?

Maybe I'm just on crack, but I could swear that there was syntax allowed
where you could replace:

A = A+1

With something like:

A +=1

I've never used it before, because readability has been a primary focus, but
now I'm in a situation where I'm using long statements, and readability
would actually be improved if I can use a shortened syntax. But I've tested
different options to no avail, and haven't been able to find this anywhere
in the helpfile or old posts (maybe I don't know the correct search terms to
use).

Is a shortened syntax available in Excel? Maybe I'm just remembering
something from lurking in VB or VB.net ng's...

Thanks,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my