Earl Kiosterud

Zyvind,

Ah-HAH! You didn't tell us it was a macro, and what the code is. Just for
a little clarification, it wants to know if the first row is a column
header, and should remain at the first row, or a regular record, where it
should be sorted. When you use Data - Sort, you specify whether the first
row is a header or not. When you use the sort buttons on the toolbar, it
guesses.

Here's the rub: Unfortunately, even when you use Data - Sort, where you
specify the first row as being a header or not, the macro recorder might put
xlNo, xlGuess, or whatever it wants, depending on whether the first row
looks to it like a header (it looks for different formatting and I don't
know what-all). I've found it's best to check what it's recorded.

You'd expect to get xlGuess when using the sort buttons on the toolbar, as
you have no way of telling it about the first row being a header or not, and
it must guess. But when you've used Data - Sort, I don't know why it
doesn't faithfully record your choice about the first row.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Zyvind" wrote in message
Thank you for a quick and helpful response. Changed macro setting from
xlGuess to xlNo, and that did it!

"dlw" wrote:

sounds like the "header row" option is selected.