Andrea Jones

You have to open the object using Excel to make it interactive but you can do
this by using Insert - Object and the Create from File facility to bring in
your chart (double-click in the object frame and swap to the sheet you want
to display on the slide. Now click your right mouse button over the object
frame (while it has been selected with a single click, not in its activated
state) and use custom animation to animate the object. In the Multimedia
Settings section there's a box on the right to set the object's behaviour,
use Edit. Set the Order & Timing to Automatically and you should find that
when the slide appears the object opens up in Excel automatically so you can
interact with it. When you close the Excel window your presentation will
continue.

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"S.Rol" wrote:

Can anyone tell me if you can link a pivot table chart from excel to
powerpoint while keeping all the drop down functionality of the pivot chart
or likewise I have some charts that I have attached control boxes to which
help the user select the data they wish to see and the chart updates with
whatever data selection they choose when I paste-special this into powerpoint
even though its liked the functionality of the control box goes.