Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default adapting the findnext function

Hi Chris,

Try:

'===============================
Sub FormatFoundValues()
Dim entry As Range, foundentry As Range, firstaddress As String
For Each entry In Range("b4:h76")
If Not IsError(Application.Match _
(entry.Value, Range("J2:J30"), 0)) Then
Set foundentry = Cells.Find(what:=entry.Value)
If Not foundentry Is Nothing Then
firstaddress = foundentry.Address
Do
With foundentry.Font
.ColorIndex = 5
.Bold = True
.Italic = True
End With
Set foundentry = Cells.FindNext(After:=foundentry)
Loop While Not foundentry Is Nothing _
And foundentry.Address < firstaddress
Next entry
End Sub
'<<==================================
--

---
Regards,

"chrisrowe_cr"
wrote in message
news:chrisrowe_cr.1t4qan_1122973542.0101@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Hi all,

I need to adapt the following code that was kindly given to me to
include the red bit! I dont know any VB but i would guess that its
only a minor mod?

Sub FormatFoundValues()
Dim entry As Range, foundentry As Range, firstaddress As String
For Each entry In Range("b4:h76") **that is equal to an entry in
the range j2:j30**
Set foundentry = Cells.find(what:=entry.Value)
If Not foundentry Is Nothing Then
firstaddress = foundentry.Address
Do
With foundentry.Font
ColorIndex = 5
Bold = True
Italic = True
End With
Set foundentry = Cells.FindNext(After:=foundentry)
Loop While Not foundentry Is Nothing And foundentry.Address
< firstaddress
End If
Next entry

chrisrowe_cr