Mangus Pyke

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:24:04 +0100, "Alan"
wrote:
Could do yes, and your advice is valid.
What I think is useful about using a helper column is that once its there,
it will show all the first letters of the column it refers to and therefore
be available for multiple filtering operations without the need to keep
selecting 'Custom' in the filter and entering filter criteria,

Certainly wouldn't argue with that.. I tend to work on the assumption
that adding columns when not necessary is a nice thing to avoid. I'm
probably a little closed-minded about this as a result of the fact
that I usually work with data extracts, and so I'm dealing with a
large number of columns.

Have a great weekend-

Mangus-

--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner