Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chaz Chaz is offline

Default Worksheet Overwrite Macro Change

I have had that problem before too and while there is probably a better way
to get around it, i simply searched the workbook for a sheet with a given
name, deleted the sheet if it was present, then was free to name the sheet
whatever. For instance:

dim i as integer
' Deletes worksheets w/ same name

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For i = 1 To Sheets.Count - 1
If Sheets(i).name = "NAME" Then
Sheets(i).Delete
End If
Next i
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

based on your situation, i would recommend loading the name of the sheet
into a string, testing for that, deleting, then move/copying the sheet.

Hope that helps.

"biojunkie" wrote:

Hi All,

I am using this macro to automatically copy worksheets from other files
to this file.

This has the code for automatically naming the new worksheets with the
count number when a worksheet of the same name already exists in the
file.

I want to take off this feature. I want the macro to overwrite the
sheets without uniquely naming the new sheets

I tried taking off the two lines of code. . but it gives me errors.

Can somebody help me. .

Here is the code.

Option Explicit

Sub CombineFiles()
Dim Path As String
Dim FileName As String
Dim Wkb As Workbook
Dim WS As Worksheet

Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop"
FileName = Dir(Path & "\*.xls", vbNormal)
Do Until FileName = ""
Set Wkb = Workbooks.Open(FileName:=Path & "\" & FileName)
For Each WS In Wkb.Worksheets
WS.Copy
After:=ThisWorkbook.Sheets(ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Cou nt)
Next WS
Wkb.Close False
FileName = Dir()
Loop