Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Activate Different workbook?

It is always much easier to work within the same instance of Excel.

Tom Ogilvy

"John" wrote in message
it is in a different instance of excel... is the best bet to close the

file
and then open it in the same instance of excel?

not sure I followed what you wrote either...

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Is the workbook in the same instance of Excel? If so, you would have to
automate that instance. Otherwise, if in the same instance than the
approach would be:

workbooks("t0983102.xls").worksheets(1).copy
After:=Activeworkbooks.worksheets(ActiveWorkbook.w orksheets.Count)

Tom Ogilvy

"John" wrote in message
I would like to copy a worksheet from an open workbook to my current
workbook. How do I activate a workbook that is open in another

window?
Windows("t0983102.xls").Activate doesn't work...