Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Craigm[_35_] Craigm[_35_] is offline

Default On Error? Creates 1 missing worksheet then never detects any other missing worksheets

Do I have to reset the "On Error" condition or am I doing something els
wrong?

I am trying to run through a series of specific worksheets amoung man
worksheets. If the sheet exists then clear the entire worksheet. I
the sheet does not exist then create it.

It creates the first missing worksheet without any problem. When i
encounters the second missing sheet it never fails the "If Not wsShee
Is Nothing Then" test. Meaning it never enters the "Else" conditio
again. So it does not create any of the missing sheets and crashes o
"Worksheets(sSheetTo).Cells.Clear" when it tries to clear the missin
worksheet.

Do I have to reset the "On Error" condition or am I doing somethin
else wrong?

Respectfully,

Craigm

'===========================================
Dim wsSheet As Worksheet 'For worksheet exists only

sSheetFrom = "Inventory"

For k = 1 To 9
If k = 1 Then
sSheetTo = "Auto"
ElseIf k = 2 Then
sSheetTo = "Trucks"
ElseIf k = 3 Then
sSheetTo = "Vans"
ElseIf k = 4 Then
sSheetTo = "Boats"
ElseIf k = 5 Then
sSheetTo = "Airplanes"
ElseIf k = 6 Then
sSheetTo = "Motorcycles"
ElseIf k = 7 Then
sSheetTo = "Trailers"
ElseIf k = 8 Then
sSheetTo = "SUVs"
ElseIf k = 9 Then
sSheetTo = "Unknown"
End If

''''We need to run through this and clear all worksheets.
'If it does EXIST then clear its contents out
'If the passed in WorkSheet does not EXIST then create it.

On Error Resume Next
Set wsSheet = Worksheets(sSheetTo)
On Error GoTo 0
If Not wsSheet Is Nothing Then'..................It does Exist
wsSheet.Activate
Worksheets(sSheetTo).Cells.Clear

Not exist
Worksheets.Add.Name = (sSheetTo)