Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB Extensibility Library - 97 to 2002

That can run late bound like so

Sub removeCode()

Dim VBComp As Object
Dim VBComps As Object

Set VBComps = ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents

For Each VBComp In VBComps
Select Case VBComp.Type
Case vbext_ct_StdModule, vbext_ct_MSForm, _
vbext_ct_ClassModule
VBComps.Remove VBComp
Case Else
With VBComp.CodeModule
..DeleteLines 1, .CountOfLines
End With
End Select
Next VBComp

End Sub

but that will do nothing re the security settings. You could get it
digitally signed, but you would still need the clients to accept your
signature as atrusted signature (although they only need to do it once)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"George J" wrote in message
If the macro is digitally signed, will this make it a "trusted source" and
allow the changes? Also tried looking at late binding - but can't figure
anything out for that. Trying to get this macro to run at the end which

is
why i need the reference.

Sub removeCode()

Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent
Dim VBComps As VBIDE.VBComponents

Set VBComps = ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents

For Each VBComp In VBComps
Select Case VBComp.Type
Case vbext_ct_StdModule, vbext_ct_MSForm, _
vbext_ct_ClassModule
VBComps.Remove VBComp
Case Else
With VBComp.CodeModule
.DeleteLines 1, .CountOfLines
End With
End Select
Next VBComp

End Sub

Any ideas anyone?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Can't see you will get a programming solution. The security settings

will
have to be changed by the user, if they can, or by an administrator.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"George J" <George wrote in message
I had this macro that worked in XL97. Our IT department just upgraded
everyone to XL2002 .

Sub MakeLibrary()
On Error Resume Next 'if it already exits
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References _
.AddFromGuid "{0002E157-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}", 5,

0
'This adds the VBA Extensibility library reference
End Sub

Can anyone tell me how i get the reference to activate via code now?
(Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3)

I've done a bit of reading on this and i think it requires a change in

the
security settings. Any way to do this via programming? - Never used

anything
but XL97 so i'm a bit lost now. As there will be a number of users

who
know
nothing of excel using this, really need a coded workaround.

thanks
George