Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George J[_3_] George J[_3_] is offline

Default VB Extensibility Library - 97 to 2002

If the macro is digitally signed, will this make it a "trusted source" and
allow the changes? Also tried looking at late binding - but can't figure
anything out for that. Trying to get this macro to run at the end which is
why i need the reference.

Sub removeCode()

Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent
Dim VBComps As VBIDE.VBComponents

Set VBComps = ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents

For Each VBComp In VBComps
Select Case VBComp.Type
Case vbext_ct_StdModule, vbext_ct_MSForm, _
vbext_ct_ClassModule
VBComps.Remove VBComp
Case Else
With VBComp.CodeModule
..DeleteLines 1, .CountOfLines
End With
End Select
Next VBComp

End Sub

Any ideas anyone?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Can't see you will get a programming solution. The security settings will
have to be changed by the user, if they can, or by an administrator.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"George J" <George wrote in message
I had this macro that worked in XL97. Our IT department just upgraded
everyone to XL2002 .

Sub MakeLibrary()
On Error Resume Next 'if it already exits
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.References _
.AddFromGuid "{0002E157-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}", 5, 0
'This adds the VBA Extensibility library reference
End Sub

Can anyone tell me how i get the reference to activate via code now?
(Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3)

I've done a bit of reading on this and i think it requires a change in the
security settings. Any way to do this via programming? - Never used

anything
but XL97 so i'm a bit lost now. As there will be a number of users who

know
nothing of excel using this, really need a coded workaround.

thanks
George